Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Author to Author: J.M Davies Discusses Revenge of the Witch

Hey there my little bibliophiles! This week we're going to do things a little bit different because, well I have the flu and I'm not filming myself. This week I am excited to introduce you to J.M. Davies, and her latest release Revenge of The Witch.
First, let's get to know Jennifer. I asked her three questions:


Me: What got you into writing?
J.M. Davies: "I was actually going through some deep emotional stuff at the time. I had left my family back in Wales and found myself returning to the States for the second time. As I sat in my new home with my kids and husband thinking of all I had left behind, the character of Mia Childs was created. She was my first protagonist in my first YA fantasy novel, The Promise. I had never written a book before but penned that story in several notebooks inside 4 months. I eventually moved onto the computer, much quicker! But, it took me four years to re-write, edit and get it published, but I did it. From that moment on writing has become one of my greatest loves." 

Me: Who is your favorite author in your genre? 
J.M. Davies: "Yikes, that is hard. I love so many. One that always sticks out for me is Deborah Harkness and her All Souls trilogy. Just talking about her makes me want to go back and pick up her books to read. I love her writing. In fact, as I write this, I’m reminded of a quote by Author J. K. Rowling. “I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.”  

Me: How did you create the character of Ella Masters in The Rise of Orion series? 
J.M. Davies: "I knew when I started to think about creating my first paranormal adult romance, I wanted my character to be a witch, but not in the traditional way. Then, I had this idea that transformed the entire story. The character Ella was hung as a witch in the sixteenth century and in every life that follows that title haunts her." 

However, she isn’t a witch, but a soul-shifter born from the clan of Ariana, the cursed moon goddess. Ella can be re-born into another life up to five times in order for her to meet her soul-mate, but if she doesn’t meet him by then, death is eternal or so the legend says. I love exploring the character of Ella. She is a strong woman, battle worn from all the betrayals in her previous lives, and unwilling to trust or fall in love. She is a survivor. A healer. A warrior. But when she meets the one, everything changes."

Now that you know a little bit about Jennifer, check out the following video and read about her latest release Revenge of the Witch. 




Revenge of the Witch
Throughout her many lives, soul-shifter Ella Masters has been betrayed by men, and hunted by the Elusti, but that changed the day she met her soul-mate Marcus. However, when Zephra, a witch, predicts the end of days, it brings her maternity leave to an abrupt halt. Working as an agent at Orion, Ella vows to destroy her adversary once and for all. 

Temporary leader of the private security firm, Marcus Drayton, has a mission to prevent all-out war. Attempting to forge an alliance between the humans and the supernatural races looks unlikely as the body count continues to sweep over the East Coast, and on the home front. As the stakes increase, lives are forever changed, and a need to confess a dark secret to his wife haunts him.

When Ella unravels a mystery—her world implodes. And when the true identity of the enemy is revealed—she learns revenge is a poison that ruptures the heart and devours the soul.

Will her love for Marcus survive when destiny calls? 

To purchase the Revenge of the Witch on Kindle click: http://a.co/d/1dxg0Er

Stay in touch with Jennifer Davies follow her on social media or sign-up for her newsletter by clicking the following:

Website            http://www.jenniferowendavies.com/
Email                 Jendaviesuk@gmail.com
Twitter              https://twitter.com/jendaviesuk 
Instagram       Jengal124
Blog                    https://welshjensblog.blogspot.com
Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/J.-M.-Davies/e/B06Y6DY5B6/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1
Newsletter sign-up:   https://mailchi.mp/f285b8da4cf4/romanceauthorjmdaviesuk

And don't forget to check out my contemporary romance duet, The Fame Series available now on Amazon and other online retailers:

For a sneak peek at my series, sign up for my newsletter and receive a free excerpt from The Rise to FameCLICK HERE to sign up for my newsletter

And don't forget to follow me on social media:

https://www.facebook.com/shaystoneofficialsite/
https://twitter.com/shaystoneauthor
https://www.instagram.com/shaystoneofficialsite/?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment