Seriously - WTH?

Calling out the stupid...and boy is there a lot to call out.

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Crush: Part Deux

I'm actually on the left...got confused last time;)
When I threw my little cliffhanger at you guys (for those that have no idea what I am talking about, see my previous post) we were two weeks away from Joe graduating and me never seeing him again. BTW...in my last post, I was not the one on the right...I was the nerd on the other right:)

I don't know if your school did it, but our school used to pick certain occasions where you could send flowers to people (Valentine's Day, Sweetest Day - only Midwesterners celebrate that). They decided to let us send roses to our favorite seniors before they left. Now over the years, I had sent Joe several flowers anonymously that he most likely gave to whatever girl he was dating at the time. But not this time. No, this time I was going to be ballsy. I figured what the hell? So I wrote this on the card:

Dear Joe,


I just wanted to say thank you for giving me something to look forward to everyday. You made my high school years and I will always remember you as my crush. Congratulations on your graduation. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the future. - Love, Shay


I paid for the flower, handed in the card and there was no getting it back. That whole week my stomach was in knots. Every time I saw him I would think about him getting the rose. Would he laugh? Scoff? Care?

The bell between third and fourth period had just rung. We had 5 minutes to get to our classes. My 3rd and 4th period was a 2 hour block so I just stood outside the door with my friends talking. Although today I wasn't saying much. The flowers were delivered 3rd period. The butterflies in my stomach had morphed into bats. He knew. Before he probably suspected it, but now he knew.

"Here he comes!" my best friend informed, clearly excited to see what, if anything would happen. I saw him walking down the hall. Books in one hand, rose in the other. As he approached, our eyes met and my heart relocated to my throat. Would he stop? Keep walking? Give me an appreciative smile and head nod as he walked by? I felt dizzy as the scenarios ran through my mind at warp speed.

"Hey..." Joe said with a smile. A smile I knew was meant for me.

** Next post: The dramatic (and embarrassingly funny) conclusion. I would have done it here but the post would have been really long.To my loyal readers, sorry I know THIS post wasn't funny. I'm setting the stage. The conclusion to it will have my usual humor and sarcasm;)**

OH! One more thing. My official Author Page is now on Facebook. If you are on FB, go to Shay Stone and "Like" me. You know...if you really do like me;)  






25 comments:

  1. Okay, you know I'm trying to figure this out by pulling out the CHS yearbook right now. Lol. Just kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Ang should know. If you can't figure it out by the next post I will inbox you:)

      Delete
  2. I'm going to hire a private investigator to find out the rest of the details. The suspense is killing me (P.S. I'm not actually going to do that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my evil plan is working. BTW, not that you care, but I got the picture caption wrong on the last photo. I was actually the one on the left (I just corrected it) just in case you are trying to get an accurate picture of how dorky I was.LOL

      It seems no matter how dark I dye my hair, sometimes the blond can't help but to seep out!

      Delete
  3. Hmm... but what do I get for liking you? This sounds like some kind of high school trick (since we're talking about high school). You know, "do you like me or do you like like me?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...it's not a trick...or is it;)

      Delete
  4. NOOOOOOOO! I was just getting into this and then you pulled the plug! No fair! *pouts like a 2 year old*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...my evil plan is working;) it's funny, it is kind of like the Bachelor in reverse. I gave him the rose...will he accept it. OMG, did I just compare myself to the Bachelor? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

      Delete
    2. Haha, my evil plan is working;) It's kind of like the Bachelor in reverse. I gave him the rose but will he accept it? OMG, did I just compare myself to the Bachelor? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for the juicy conclusion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was all set to pop some popcorn, but noooooo...another cliffhanger!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you can break out the popcorn and swamp juice for the next post. It will be concluded. Right now, just think of it as the blogging version of a mini-series.LOL

      Delete
  7. It's totally ok to continue to next post Shay. I LOVE your attitude about not having long posts. It's one of the reasons my ADD and I follow you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA, It's why I follow you too:) I really like Beer For the Shower, but one day I checked out a post there and scrolled down after I had been reading for awhile and couldn't see the end. UGH!

      Delete
  8. I love short posts...but I really do want to know what happened next xD.

    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... I think that's really sweet. Potentially HUGELY embarassing, but sweet and brave! lol

    Jo
    In Which We Start Anew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, just wait until you read the embarrassing part!

      Delete
  10. This has a feeling of a Heather's moment coming up...love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that movie too! I promise I don't do anything crazy like try to make someone drink bleach or plot to blow anything up like they do in the movie.

      Delete
  11. You are so brave. I sent a cookie to a guy one year, but it was anonymous. I forgot all about that til just now. It read " I'm crazy for you", that Madonna song was big at the time.
    You have received the Kreative blogger award. Stop by my blog and pick it up.

    http://ruth-yummystuff.blogspot.com/2012/05/its-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK now you are going to think I am a TOTAL dork. Our middle school paper let us dedicated songs to people on Valentine's Day/special occasions. I dedicated Crazy for You and the I got a crush On You 9by The Jet's) to him anonymously every time.

      Thank you so much for the award. You rock! Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  12. Why would you torture us like this? It's okay when good posts are lengthy.
    My school offered candy grams for special occasions that were given out during homeroom, but I was never gutsy enough to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I'm glad mine didn't offer candy grams. I would have sent 12 to myself! haha

      This wasn't even the gutsy-est thing I ever did. One time I picked up a guy on a plane/airport. I figure no guts. No glory;)

      Delete